Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Time Out

I am one of those people that has a serious love/hate relationship with Facebook. I love it one minute because I get to "keep in touch" with family and close friends. But the next I am seriously hatin on it because I sat down for "just a second" and the next thing I know it's been 15-20 min and I've accomplished nothing but finding out what so-n-so had for lunch or reading about how so-n-so thinks America and everybody in it is going to hell in a hand basket.

I have a lot going on right now (who doesn't?) and need to get rid of the distractions of some stuff so I can focus on what I need to focus on for the present time. I am enrolled in an on line class for manual exposure and it seems like every time this week I have sat down to read the pdf or watch the videos or read the forums, my fingers automatically check Facebook first and POOF!!!! What little quiet time I have during the day (and night) has disappeared and I've accomplished nothing. So frustrating!! I think I have a serious problem but I wont take the time to dive into that subject. Talk about wasting more time!!

I have deactivated my account for the rest of the week and maybe even for the month. We shall see. There is really no point in keeping up with Facebook so much any more because I have made the decision to seriously limit my picture share on there. And aside from the fact that I can get instant feed back on Facebook, I enjoy blogging more any way and the pictures usually look better on here than FB. If I can keep my posts short and to the point :) There's another of my problems right there!! I also set myself up a Flicker account and have added a few of my photos on there and plan on doing more at some point. I'm not exactly sure how to find someone on Flickr but you can try to look me up!!

TTFN!!




P.s. I just tried to "look myself up" on Flickr but it took me to a page that has 2 pics of Jon and I at a church meeting in Illinois about 10 years ago. STRANGE!!!! if any one knows how to "search" for someone on flickr, please by all means enlighten me :)

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'll miss you on FB, but I'm glad I have this forum to still see pics!!