Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bowling for Birthdays

Over the weekend Jon's parents came to visit to spend a little time with the twins for their birthday. I told y'all last year that I was OVER birthday parties and making cakes. Well if you didn't believe me then, maybe you will now :) We told James and Audrey that could each pick one friend to go do something fun with on their birthday. We came up with several ideas and had settled on a different one for each of them to do. Then Mrs. Susan called and said they wanted to come see them and she wanted to take them to do something on Saturday. That's when the forever turning wheel in my brain clicked. A few weeks ago they got invited to a bowling party but were unable to attend. They were 100% bummed and said "But we've never been bowling before and want to see what it's like!!" Sooooo, Ol' Mama here decided it would be more fun (not to mention a lot easier) to just take those two friends they had picked and go bowling with SuSu and PawPaw. They thought it was the best idea EVER so yay me!!!

We did have a great time and I "killed 2 birds with 1 stone" which how I like to roll. Pun intended. :) We were there for 2 hours, got a delicious pizza and 2 pitchers of drinks and SuSu brought a King Cake. The boys, James and Maddox, never lost interest in bowling. While Maddox enjoyed putting the ball on the little slide thing for kids James B. picked that ball up almost every time and slowly let it roll each time. And they never missed a turn. The girls on the other hand, Audrey and Katelyn, lost interest after the 1st hour which was after they ate cake and opened their few little gifts. Then they were much more interested with dressing up like a Princess. I tried my darndest to get Audrey to let me snap a few pics of her bowling with her crown and gloves and earrings on but she wouldn't have it!!

I have lots of special surprises in store for the birthday twins tomorrow and can't wait to share them (and hopefully some pictures) on here!! In the mean time here are a few pics from our 1st time bowling!!








3 comments:

Sam and Nelda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sam and Nelda said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky said...

oh and I LOVE this so much!!!!!!!!!