Saturday, December 8, 2007

We had a good day yesterday. Just hung out and watched everybody sleep. That is pretty much the norm for us around here. Audrey is starting to be more awake during the day than James is and James now shakes is right leg like a puppy dog when he is eating! Last night I had them sleeping on the floor in the living room with us while we ate supper.This is the pittiful primpimg face she makes sometimes. Mostly in her sleep. Must be a bad dream or something?!I snapped this this morning. This is the result of me being to tired to get up and feed my children at 5 am so I put them in the bed with me with the hopes of them sleeping longer and it worked! We slept until 8:30! Sweet sleep, especially with these two angels! Of course all the medical people out there today would probably turn me into child services for letting them sleep this close. But man, sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!!! And as a side note to the blog I posted the other day about why are my children crying. I just want everyone to know that I wrote that in fun. I don't really believe that my children will turn out to be serial killers or gothic or cleptomaniacs. But as every mother does, I worry that I wont be a good enough parent to them. And I don't constantly live in the fear that my children have some sort of awful diease or have RSV. If I really thought that, would I be telling all of you or taking them to the doctor? I felt like this needed to be cleared up because there were only a handful of you who actually got my humor. I have received quite a few calls from family memebers (mostly men by the way) who were actually afraid I was not doing well. Even my own husband said it was the most pitiful thing he had ever read. Come on! I am doing great. I love my children and am so happy to be their mother. I am not going over the edge or suffering from post-pardom depression. Seriously, those things cross every mother's mind, especially new mothers. But I don't live in the fear of them actually coming true. So for the record let me say again, I AM DOING GREAT! I AM NOT IN TROUBLE NOR DO I REALLY BELIEVE I AM RAISING HARD CRIMINALS!!!! Love you all and thanks for all the comments. Next time I try to be funny I will certainly clarify that that is what I am doing!! HA-HA! :)










3 comments:

Dana said...

Little miss Audrey looks like she is fattening up! Congrats on the extra shut eye! Funny what we value when we become parents:) Love you guys,
Dana

Becky said...

Absolutely the best rest in the whole world...a baby in bed with you. Can't imagine two! They are so beautiful. How can you stand it?
By the way, you on Paxil yet?

The McDaniel Family said...

OK - I FINALLY got to log on! You're not the only one who has trouble logging on to this thing...half the time I don't update my own blog b/c when I finally get the time, I CAN'T LOG ON!!!!!! Anyway....I didn't think the blog was pittiful! I thought it was hilarious!! And just so you know.....those thoughts and feelings don't ever completely go away. I still worry too much when I get too tired b/c Mattew was up at 1:30 and Hannah we the bed at 3:00 and Matthew and a poopy diaper at 5:30 and knows it's too late to go back to sleep. So, welcome to the club!! Laughing about it and knowing every other good mother in the world is going through the same thing is what gets us all through. When I'm up in the middle of the night and WISH I was asleep like my precious snoring husband, I think about you and about the fact that if you're not up at the same time as me, you will probably be up by the time I lay back down. Love you!