Monday, December 17, 2007

Good grief. Holy cow. Leaping lizards. Great day. Oh my word. WOW. For heaven's sake. Sweet Moses. Those are just a few phrases that describe the day here yesterday. Jon was gone pretty much all day yesterday, it being Sunday and all and by the time he did get home about 8:15 p.m. I cannot recall a time in recent past that I was happier to see him then I was at that moment last night. James was pretty good all day. I take that back, he was a SAINT compared to his little sister! The only time he really made any noise was when he got hungry. The rest of his day was spent either sleeping or staring at the Christmas tree with a blank look on his face. Audrey, on the other hand, screamed bloody murder if I got out of her sight for a second. And sleep? Ha! She decided to take 10 minute cat naps every couple hours or so instead of a nice, long nap like a good little girl. And she only wanted to be held. No swing, no bouncy seat, no crib. Nothing. Just dear, sweet, precious mama. By the time the sun went down, she just wasn't happy period. It didn't matter if I was holding her or not she just wanted to cry. James eventually got cranked up and by the time Jon got home I was rocking them both as fast as I could. But the whole reason for this story is this: about 5 minutes before Jon walked in the door Audrey was screaming so loud and so viciously she literally passed out. I promise. One minute she was howling and the next sound asleep. I about passed out my self wanting to laugh but I didn't dare. She has been fine ever since! Excuse my looks but you try taking care of 2 varmits ALL DAY LONG and you'll look like this too!Nonie and Grandaddy bought them reindeer antlers for Christmas and James seemed to like his pretty good!





7 comments:

the ladner family said...

wow, i can't believe i'm first!
that is the cutest reindeer i have ever seen! I am so sorry about Audrey's rough day. Isabella can relate. i have to hold myself back from the "this time next year comments, but... they will be taking turns ripping ornaments off the tree next year instead of staring at it.!"
It is so much fun to see you two adjusting to parenthood, in a good way! I really can not wait to hold those babies!!! i want to just pinch those cheeks so bad. But i guess i will have to wait.

Becky said...

Wow, Emily. You certainly are competitive! Does it really matter who is first?

This post was precious! Love the antlers

Emily said...

They are so adorable!!! You make me want a nap just reading this though... ;)

Dani said...

The reindeer antlers are entirely too cute. Hope they give you a little rest for your Christmas present! :)

The McDaniel Family said...

Just so you know....Audrey had such a bad day b/c she woke up and realize Aunt Bets was gone! And who could blame her? And that blank look on Jame's face wasn't really blank at all....he was just in shock that his Aunt Bets wasn't there any more to snuggle him up. Tell them not to worry, I'll be back as soon as possible to make sure I spoil them as much as you spoil mine!! And Hannah and Matthew LOVED the cookies...they made a very good church snack last night, although the pepermint did somehow stain the wite cuffs on Hannah's dress and "KIEH!" got a mouth full that I don't think he really wanted. Also....Matthew did the cutest dance when he opend his pj's and ran all over the living room saying "choo...choo..." b/c he thought they were trains and then he pitched the BIGEST fit when I took them off of him this morning. And Emily...I feel your pain about the Christmas tree! If we've spanked him once, we've spanked him 10,000 times for pulling stuff off and unplugging the tree! So Amanda - this too shall pass...but I'm not sure if it gets easier or just changes. Love ya!

su said...

How fun to read the "young moms comments". Ya'll are all SO cute! Cherish the moments...even these, but I've got a sneaking suspision you do. Thank you, Amanda, for the pictures and journal entries. It helps to relieve our heart since you all are so far away. Jon said you got the package?

Amber said...

Okay...that look on your face in the picture...I think I have perfected that one as well. I know it all too well. :)

Love your posts, girl! Miss ya!