Saturday, February 2, 2008

4 Months Old
I cannot believe how fast the time is passing already with our children. It seems like just yesterday that they were born into this world such scrawny little beings and now they are fat and sassy and growing like weeds. They continue to progress and do new things every day.
On Wednesday, my mom came down because Jon and I both felt like we were getting sick and didn't want to expose the twins to whatever it was we were getting. And on Wednesday night James decided to sleep ALL night for the first time. She said she didn't hear a peep outta either of them until 6 a.m. I was so shocked and so excited! He has done it every night since so I am thinking he has finally crossed that bridge! Right around the time he his going to hit the month mark is when he starts doing new things. And he no longer hates to have his diaper changed (unless he is starving) He will just smile and laugh at me when I lay him down. He has these huge, round eyes that look at you so intensly sometimes and then break out into a huge grin!

And Audrey is still as prim and proper as ever. With that georgous smile and beautiful eyes looking so alive when you talk to her. She does this thing with her mouth when she is watching Baby Einstein that looks like she is trying to talk to it! When you sit her up on your lap, she sits straight as a board like she could sit up on her own but her little bobble head is still moving around! The Lord has blessed them so much in their short little lives and He continues to do so!

Yesterday was my birthday. My 26th birthday to be exact. My precious husband always does my birthday up right for me and this year he took me to the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant in Tallahassee. We always pass by the Melting Pot wondering how in the world you can make a meal off of fondue since we always thought it was just chocolate! So leave it to my husband to step out and try something new!
It was really cool and I would definitly recomend trying one if you ever get the chance. They put this pot in front of you on a burner and heat it up. Then they bring out the inrgedients for whatever fondue you chose and put it all in and you have to wait for it to melt or bubble, depending on what kind which course you are in. We had cheese fondue first and they brought out cubs of bread and chips to dip in. It was delicious! Then we had salads and then our main course of: lobster tail, shrimp, 2 kinds of steak, chicken, pork, mushrooms, amd raviolli. She mixed this bouillion base in the pot and when it came to a bubble you put whatever kind of meat you wanted on a stick and set it in the pot to cook. It was all really good.




Ahhhhh........dessert. A plate full of strawberries, pound cake, cheese cake, bannanas and marshmellows. We chose a chocolate, caramel and pecan fondue and thought we were gonna go into a sugar-induced coma. We both decided we could have sat there all night and dipped pound cake and cheese cake in chocolate.


This was our first date since the twins were born and we had the best time! My mom kept the kids of course so we had no worries all night. We did our usual after supper: went to Barnes and Noble for coffee and to browse the aisles and then went and saw a movie. You know it is true love when your husband goes to see the chick flick of the century with you and agrees that it really was "cute"! The movies and Barnes and Noble are at the mall so as we were weaving our way through the friday night teenager lalapalooza to get our coffee, I was checking out everyone. Most of them looked to be between the ages of 13 and 16, you know, the really tuff age. Where you are trying to find yourself and fit in with whatever crowd will accept you. You think you are in love with every new girlfriend or boyfriend that you have. The girls were giggling really high pitched, silly giggles and the boys were doing retarded stuff to impress them. I suppose they like shirll noises. And they way some of those girls were dressed......I would have been hung by my toe nails out in the cold had I ever DARED to even think about wearing some of what I saw last night. I wanted to scream "don't you know it is 30 degrees outside, what is wrong with you" But I didn't.
Instead, I squeezed my hubby's hand a little tighter and for the first time in my life I was GLAD that I was another year older!



8 comments:

Wanda said...

We're so glad you had a wonderful birthday...Happy Birthday! Enjoyed seeing everyone last weekend and we were so glad your family got to come to our meeting.
Wanda & Jimmy

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday! ( a day late..)

I had a great time at the meeting and hearing your husband preach, I'm sorry I didn't get around to giving you a proper hello. Your twins are so adorable.

Wow, I have never heard of a resturant like that! Sounds like so much fun!

Beth said...

Amanda,

Glad you had a great birthday! I agree the fondue looked like so much fun!

I agree that when I see those teenagers, I am so thankful for what I have! God has truly blessed.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Beth

PS. The bobble head thing is cute, Becca is good at being a bobble head!

Ms. Robin said...

Happy Birthday to you......
Happy Birthday to you........
Happy Birthday to Amanda Grace.....
Happy Birthday to YOU !!!!!!!

The above is to be sung to the tune of "Happy Birthday"....

Hug the Papoopsie Darlings for me.......and get Jon to hug the "Mama" of the Papoopies for me.

Lots of Love Always,
Ms. Robin

Becky said...

What a precious, precious entry. It brought tears to my eyes. You are such a beautiful wife and mother, inside and out.

Laura said...

Happy belated birthday! So glad you had a wonderful time, and my mouth is watering at the thought of the Melting Pot...I must be pregnant or something!

I completely understand being glad to be another year older! The Lord has truly blessed our families!

BTW- Those babies are so cute...have I ever said that?

Have a great week!

Tara said...

Yum! That sounds good, and isnt it so nice to have a date with your hubby again? As much as I love and miss Jolee when we do go on a date which are(very few and far between.) Its kinda nice to eat without someone crawling on you and I always have a new kinda energy when I get back to her. Happy Belated Birthday!

Nenie said...

Mannio, as much as I love your posts about the babies, I have to say, that was the sweetest story ever. You look so happy ; it must have been a magical evening, and you must be married to Prince Charming! ....Love Nenie