Friday, February 22, 2008

Mama's baby boyWell it is still raining here today. We got 4 1/2 inches yesterday and probably another 2 already today. Another lazy day!
My precious boy's personality is coming more and more alive with each passing day. He has his daddy's natural talent to make us laugh with his funny sounds and hilarious facial expressions! I am sure he will be impersonating his family members any day now!
I am convinced that my children are scheming together to make themselves more irresitable to me at nap time. Lately when it is time for them to go down for a nap they break out into big smiles and start laughing at me. How in the world am I supposed to make them go to sleep when they are being so cute? I have a feeling that I am in for some trouble when they start seriously interacting with us. And I believe that they are becoming more aware of eachother these days. Yesterday James broke out into a huge grin when I laid Audrey down beside him and this morning I caught him staring at her. So sweet. I hope they have a wonderful, close relationship like Jon and Emily do.
And Audrey is a girl after her mama's heart for sure. A little while ago I had Paula Deen on (imagine that) and Audrey laid there and watched an entire episode and was just a talking to her. Now I know that it was really just the bright colors and all the movement but I like to think that she is already preparing to create something delicious!

James is just the cutest little thing isn't he? He is on the verge of rolling over on his tummy any day now and Ms. Audrey rolled from her tummy to her back 3 times this morning. The look on her face was just priceless like "Wow, how'd I do that?" I am so thankful the the Lord has blessed Jon and I to be in a position for me to stay at home with them (not that I would really ever think of doing different) because I get to be with them all the time and really see how much they change every day. I wouldn't trade it for all the money in the world!





We have had them covered from head to toe pretty much every day since we brought them home and now that it is getting warmer it is so fun to see their fat little legs and arms exposed. Especially James. He is just a chunk, a solid little man. His hands are HUGE and his toes are so fat and short they automatically curl over! Jon says he takes after his great-papaw, Jimmy, which is just perfect seeing how that is part of who he was named after. He was named after Jimmy and Mr. Ronnie (Ronnie's middle name is James.)

4 comments:

Emily said...

Whoa, James looks so much like a cabbage patch doll with that chubby face and bald head! And in those overalls...oh, steal my heart!

I love it that Audrey likes Paula. You know you can send her down to Brazil anytime now and the two of us will cook up a storm.

How I do wish I was closer to y'all! Thank goodness for our little virtual world though!

su said...

I concur with Emily in Brazil. How I wish I was closer! New Orleans feels as far away from you as Brazil! But I am so, so thankful to you, Amanda, for your faithfulness with this priceless journal of our Beauties' day to day lives. It means everything in the world to us.

Brittany said...

I'm loving those chubby leggs!

Nelda said...

Dear Ones,

I am finally getting to the computer more and I loved getting caught up on Audrey and James - they are absolutely adorable. It is obvious you guys are doing a great job. And Amanda, how sweet of you to give time you could be having a break to keeping us all updated. I know you loved having all your family together at church. What a special day! John - I'm sorry we couldn't work out a plan when you were in Plant City. Please let me know if you are ever anywhere in this area again. I'd love to see you. Thank you for even considering making the trip down here.
Love and blessings to all of you -
Aunt Nelda