Thursday, September 18, 2008

Boys can do stuff too!

Last week I put James down in the middle of the floor, walked out for 2 seconds and came back to find him standing at their table! I was so proud of him. Now he hasn't done it since then but he proved he CAN do it! And notice his tip toes and how far back his legs are! But look at that proud smile on his little face! You can be sure he got lots of hugs and kisses for that move!


He saw some puffs that somehow missed his mouth during his snack and knew he shouldn't let them go to waste! Once he got in, he sat and ate how ever many were down there (hope it was all puffs!) and then made his way out like it was no big thing. Audrey hasn't even figured out that trick yet. Score one for James!

I was telling someone just this morning how he sits up on his knees instead of his rear and I believe it is because his head is so big! He struggles all the time keeping his balance with that big old noggin. Bless his heart. He has about 4 blue/black marks on his forehead from where he topples over because he can't get his balance. I can only hope he eventually grows out of this. I don't think they will let you play football if you keep falling on your head. Wait a minute, maybe the big head will be my ticket OUT of that one and on to something a bit safer that his daddy likes!!




5 comments:

Nenie said...

Mannio, I can't believe I'm the first to see today's entry. I know I am because if ANYONE had seen that boy today, there WOULD HAVE BEEN A COMMENT! I do not believe in reincarnation; I do not believe in reincarnation; I do not believe in reincarnation; I do not believe in reincarnation; I do not believe in re.........


Love Nenie.

Sydney Sanders said...

JAMES JAMES! he is a sneaky smart one...he so can keep up with his sis no matter the balancing problem! his head is perfectly fine to me! i hate to say it...but my mom has been trying to find reasons for hughston to not play foo-ball for 10 years...she failed!

Dianne said...

'Manda, you just won't do...poor little feller toppling over 'cause his haid is big!

He's coming right along. He can always say, "I just LET Audrey climb all over me and take my stuff 'cause she's a girl."

And, Little Sister, I keep meaning to say that "dropping by" your blogsite is one of my favorite activities. It's almost like stopping by your home...pouring myself a cup of coffee and chatting with your other "guests" who've stopped by. Virtually speaking. Got coffee cake?

Love you, thank you for sharing your life foibles and fables.

the ladner family said...

he is just precious. will totally grew into his head...so there is hope!

Becky said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!!!!! Clearly Nenie is wrong. Jon has been reincarnated! He used to sit EXACTLY like that! And that footed sleeper! It's JON!