Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Shots My babies had their 1st immunizations today. They had 3 shots and one oral. They cried for about 30 seconds and then were okay. They are so brave!
James weighs: 10.5 He is 21 inches long
Audrey weighs: 9.4 She is 21 1/2 inches long
The doctor was very, very pleased with their weight gain and said they are doing superb and don't have to come back for 2 months! I love Dr. Walker because he always makes me feel like I am doing a wonderful job as a mother. He always calms any fears I have about anything and the best part is I know he takes my children's health just as seriously as I do.
He said that in February it will be okay for them to meet their cousins! Hooray! As long as they are not sick and don't touch them. He also said we could go out to places but just be smart, use good judgement; like going to the mall at 10:00 in the morning when there are not that many people there. But, still no church. He said they still do not need to be in large crowds where people are real close to them and handling them because you just never know who may be harboring some illness. And RSV is runnig rampant this time of year and even though they are getting preventitive shots, it is not worth the risk. Their immune systems are only as strong as a 6 week old baby because gestationally they are only 6 weeks old. So we must treat them as such.

However, I was SO excited at this news I was practically dancing in the aisles at Target. Nenie (Jon's grandmother) sat in the car with them this time because it is very cold and rainy here today. But just to know that if I wanted to, I could have taken them in! We probably wont go anywhere much but just knowing we could feels like a million bucks!


11 comments:

Becky said...

What GREAT news! I can't wait to get my hands on them! I wish I lived closer--I would just hang out at Target and wait for the opportunity to ambush. Take care of Nenie for us. Rachel and Dru say they are SO lonely for her already! I know the feeling...

the ladner family said...

yeah take care of nenie for us! We can not wait to see your babies!!! and you guys too! we are so there on the way back from orlando. u may be sorry the doc released them! they are going to be gettin some visitors!

Amanda said...

Semi-released!

Dani said...

yeah for ya'll!!!

Becky said...

ha.classic

Dianne said...

Glad to hear their progress is pleasing to the doctor, too. Wonderful to hear he is opening the window just a little bit to keep "cabin fever" down. And, I know you're not going to be taking them to a public, indoor swimming pool for a while.

With your GRANDma (Officially Jons') there it must help tremendously. Glad she has "love" and will travel.

Just wait till that "window" becomes a door!

Love & hugs to you all,

Dianne (-:

Emily said...

Okay, Okay, but when do they get the go-ahead to fly to Brasil? ;)

Glad to 'officially' hear they are doing so well! Love y'all!

Ms. Robin said...

Hey Amanda Grace,
I have so much enjoyed keeping up with the latest happenings in the Mizell household through your blog. Little James & Audrey Grace are so precious. I can't wait to hold them! I am so glad that you are able to take them outside now. It is so wonderful to see the beauty of nature in the eyes of a child for the first time. Everything that we take for granted is always "new" and exciting in their eyes.
Give them lots of hugs and kisses from the Howells.
Love,
Ms. Robin

Brittany said...

OH Amanda, I am happy for you and Jon. I bet it feels good to taste a little bit of freedom!

Enjoy the three day weekend!

'B' said...

Yeah! Wonderful news! Papoopsies are getting ready to bloom with the daffodils! Spring here they come!

su said...

Welcome to my world, you Nenites!