Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Late night clean-up

Sometimes Ms. Audrey Grace has what is commonly known as projectile vomiting. Last night, Jon was feeding her and stopped to burp her. As usual, she was screaming bloody murder when all of a sudden something shot out of her mouth straight into what looked like my magazine basket. I got up to go clean it up and couldn't find anything. Hmmm.....I looked a little closer and noticed some white stuff on the air vent. Sure enough, I took it off and found all of the spit-up as far as you could see down that hole. Jon informed me I had to clean it out or it would start stinking. So, picture me with my head down an air vent last night and maybe you can get a good laugh today!





6 comments:

Tara said...

That is funny to picture, but not so funny because I remember having to do that the 1st 5 months of Jolee's life. She had reflux bad..she would scream and then projectile vomit all over the place,all the time. They ended up putting her on medicine for her's. Maybe something you want to check into. Love reading the blog and I love the pictures.

the ladner family said...

they are just gorgeous. how do you stand it!

su said...

Hilarious.

Amber said...

Oh, that is so funny! Man, Abby had horrible projectile spit-up after every single feeding, and we finally realized that she had reflux as well. That wasn't fun at all. She would go through about 5-6 changing of clothes every day because she would SOAK herself. I had to wash the bouncy seat cover and car seat often, but I have to say that I never had to wash the inside of an air vent. Too funny!

Emily said...

Thanks, I enjoyed the good laugh and mine wasn't a "been there done that" laugh either. (Which I am certain means I'll get paid back for it one of these days!)

Happy birthday too! I hope maybe you can go one special day without having to clean up puke. Isn't that a nice birthday wish!?! And by the way, you're as old as me now. :)

Emily said...

P.S. I am aware your birthday isn't until tomorrow, but tomorrow I may forget-you know me. Better early than never! ;)