Thursday, July 10, 2008

Learning New Things

Audrey Grace fed herself a bottle this morning while I was feeding her brother. I had put her down on the floor so I could feed James and she scooted over to an old bottle(from the night before)and started drinking what was left. Of course I freaked out and jumped up to grab it from her imagining in my mind what kind of diseases she was going to come down with from that old, nasty, bacteria infested milk!(I think she is gonna be just fine by the way!) Well, she looked like such a pro feeding herself I decided to give her a fresh bottle and see what she'd do with it. After a few minutes of playing with the nipple and chasing it around on the floor, she started drinking and drank 5 whole ounces by herself! If she can keep this up my job has just been cut in half!

As promised I've got pictures from New Orleans. We had a great time out there as always and me and Jon got lots of rest thanks to SuSu and PaPaw!


Aunt Mary Lou and James


We went shopping, ate TONS of delicious food (of course) played Catch Phrase a few times where some people got accused of going too slow so that the buzzer would go off on their opponent(I wont name names boys!) and we woke up the babies a few times with our shouting. If you have ever played that game, you know that it just isn't fun unless you are really loud!

Becky and Audrey


Will, Jon, and Mickey

The twins got their first view from a levee at MaMaw's house and got caught in their first thunderstorm (and got wet, which they didn't particularly enjoy) while meeting MaMaw for lunch. Uncle Will found out that James loves to look at himself in the mirror! They got to meet 2 cousins that they hadn't met before, they got to go to their daddy's home church for the first time and meet everyone there and they stayed up way past their bed time quite a few nights! All in all we had a wonderful time, made lots of memories and are looking forward to the next visit!


Jon, Will, James, Ryan
Emily, Isabella, Harrison, Amanda and Audrey

5 comments:

su said...

I'm so proud of Audrey Face, although I am not surprised. I just LOVE her personality. What a special time it was. WE are so blessed.

Becky said...

Little Miss Smarty Pants! Poor James. He should just get used to living in the shadow of her spotlight now. She's going to demand it, I'm afraid. Good thing he's so cute...

Kathy U said...

I'm not sure who the smart one is. Maybe James is enjoying being fed. :D

Dianne said...

One small step for Audrey, one GIANT step for Mama 'Manda!

They are SOOOO adorable! And bright as a new penny...

The pics from Naw'lins are sweet. Audrey & James shine. In whatever setting, they assume the spotlight. I glance to see who's with them, but, my eyes go back...

Sydney Sanders said...

Too too cute! Did anyone notice that the bottom picture is the first group picture of susu and pawpaw's kids and grandkids?!?!