Wednesday, March 5, 2008

When Daddy dresses me........Of all the clothes in Audrey's drawer Jon picks this shirt for her to wear! Imagine that! I had pictured my daughter growing up a sweet southern belle, not a redneck woman! We obviously will have to limit the times that daddy dresses her! Well yesterday I decided that it was time to teach my children where every good woman shops: Wal-Mart! A dear brother and deacon at Tired Creek passed away yesterday and I wanted to buy some breakfast and snack food to carry to the family. So when the weather cleared, I loaded them into the van and hit the road. Jon had to go ahead and go over to the Faircloths so I ventured out on my own. I was a little nervous going by myself but I knew I would have to do it one day and may as well get it over with and where better to start than at Wal-Mart buying groceries for church members?
When we got there, I pulled out the double stroller, buckled them in and wheeled them inside. I then got a buggy and started pulling it behind me while pushing them in front of me. Go ahead, laugh. It was quite a site I'm sure as I got many funny looks! People would see me coming and see the children first and smile sweetly and say "oh how cute" then they would see me, the doting mother, and give me an appreciative smile. Then they would see the buggy loaded down with stuff that I was pulling behind me and just laugh!
It went very smoothly. They enjoyed looking around at all the stuff and seeing all the people so they were content the entire time. However, I have discovered the way to loose all your "baby" fat and stay in shape while buying junk food: push a heavy double stroller (with your right hand) loaded down with 2 babies that together probably weigh 26 pounds, while pulling and navigating (so that you don't knock down any displays or little old ladies) a huge shopping buggy (with your left hand)filled to the brim with food. Now do that for 45 minutes and you easily will burn 1,000 calories while also working out your triceps and thighs. It's free and doesn't get boring! The only problem I found with my new-found shopping methed is that you can't turn around if you miss an aisle. You have to go down the next aisle and circle back. Even though I had a list and know that wal-mart like the back of my hand, I kept thinking of stuff that I needed that of course was on the aisle I had just gotten finished going down. We made it out before the sun went down and had time to go into the Faircloths for a little bit before they got fussy!



7 comments:

su said...

wow and more wow. I am impressed, no doubt! Amanda, you have a literary talent which your babies have definitely brought out in you. You go girl. I'm so proud of you. I'm proud of my son too, even though his wardrobe selection for Audrey needs to be tweeked a little.

Becky said...

Git 'er done, Audrey...

Anonymous said...

At least Jon didn't try to take her to church in a slip....which he thought was a dress. I like the "country girl can survive" look! Aunt Bets

Dana said...

All I can say is, you go Amanda. More power to you! I am confident that I could not have handled twins right off the bat like you have. You know how scared I was just to get one baby out. My blood pressure hit the roof any time Allie cried in the grocery store!!!

Becky said...

Amanda,
I have to agree that you have become a beautiful writer. I have enjoyed your blog. You have done a wonderful job keeping it going. Your babies are absolutely georgeous!! They have so much expression.
Amanda, you have become so close to the Lord through all this. I can 'see' it in your writings. From the very beginning, you have shown an amazing faith. You may not realize it, but you sure have been a witness to so many.
You keep up the great work. Oh by the way, you look great!!
Love you.
Becky

Nenie said...

Mannio, Audrey's expressions in her pictures speak volumes! How about:1. Is this Daddy's idea of a joke? 2. This was definitely NOT what I had laid out to wear today! 3. I sure hope he's not planning to take me out in public like this! 4. I know who WON'T be going shopping with me! 5. But Daddy's so cute, I didn't have the heart to tell him!
Love Nenie.

Kelly Spezzano said...

Too funny! The Wal Mart trip must have been a sight to see! Makes me appreciate more and more that I have family very close by (I don't think I would have braved it alone, like you) :)