Thursday, March 20, 2008

Here comes the sun...... Little darling it's been a long cold, lonely winter
Little darling it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun dudu dudah
Here comes the sun and I say it's alright
Little darling the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling it seems like years since its been here

For the last two weeks on American Idol they have been singing the Beatles and Here comes the Sun is one of my favorites and I have had the lyrics in my head for the last couple of days. James' smile in the first picture is so cheery it reminded me of the sun this morning so I thought I'd share! Anyway, the twins are finally starting to feel better from their colds (it does seem like its been awhile) and are sleeping a little more soundly at night. However, at 2 this morning they both woke up and were hungry and let me just say it is not easy to deal with cranky, hungry babies that early (or should it be that late?) I'm not sure which is worse: James waking up at 2 and Audrey waking up at 4 and then James again at 6. Or them waking up at the same time crying. I think it's a toss up!


James and Audrey get very excited when they see their daddy in the afternoon when he gets home from work! Which I think is just too precious!

I am feeling a little blue with homesickness this week. I really miss Middle Georgia and my family. Especially this time of year for some reason. And I am missing things like seeing all the Cherry Blossoms painted on the windows of businesses and cars since the Cherry Blossom Festival is this weekend in Macon. I'm missing the Easter Party that I used to go to as a little girl and hunt Easter eggs with all my friends from church. I miss the crowd that Cool Springs always had on Easter Sunday (because you know Easter always brings out the people who only come once a year!)Oh how I miss sitting in a marvelous song service and hearing my daddy's voice above all others during "Now To The Power of God Supreme". I miss going to church at home so VERY much. The Middle Georgia area has been so abundatly blessed with church's every 20 or 30 miles atleast, so there is always a meeting to go to. "Jerusalem, my long sought home, Oh how I long for thee! When will my sorrow have an end? The joy when shall I see?
Home, sweet home, my long sweet home. My home in heav'n above!"
I am desperately missing my beautiful Knock Out Roses in my flower garden in Gray and our beautiful little patio that was always so peaceful during the spring time. I miss walking at the track with Dana in the late summertime evenings. I miss being able to just jump in the car and be with Betsy and Buddy and their children in a flash. I miss my aunts and uncles and cousins. I miss my daddy and mama. I just plain old miss home today. It doesn't seem to happen to often because I am really happy here. I love this part of Georgia and the church and the community here but......it's just not "home". But don't worry too much about me, I'll be alright. As Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day"!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Middle Georgia misses you too! The sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar there'll be sun...tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're only a day away... And of course the Son is Risen!

Tara said...

I know what you mean about being homesick! Being 8 hours away from my family is pretty tough. Some days Im good and then bam it hits me hard. I love the church here and the wonderful friends we have made and that like you is what gets me through. Hope tomorrow is better for ya!

the ladner family said...

We miss you too! I know that has to be so hard mando. But you know things never stay the same. You will be home with your La and Ms family soon! and it can't come soon enough. we miss ya'll so so much and i can't wait to see the kids play together at SuSu and Pawpaw's! the children are precious!!!

Emily said...

Um, can I just "amen" that last part? Somedays it is hard to be so far away. For me, I usually just go hang out by the pool or plan a beach trip...and then I forget all about "home" and "winter" and all that jazz. :) Not sure what I'll do once it is summer back home too though! I'm sure I'll find some way to rationalize why brazil is better...you know I can come up with a good reason for ANYTHING! heheheh

Dana said...

Ok, now I am crying because I know EXACTLY how you feel. I have been away from my "home" for nine years and I still break down occassionally and just have a good cry because I miss my mama so much. I miss our walks too! I was just telling Michael how much I missed our friendship. Not that we don't still have it, but I mean the just a phone call away and I'll meet you at the track friendship!!

Dianne said...

'Manda,

I feel your pain. I know what it's like to be far, far away from family. I could only go home once a year when I lived in Michigan. The holidays were heavy because I knew the family would be together and I wouldn't be there.

The babies smiles are so precious. It lights up the room. Audrey's love for her Daddy was obviously spilling over from her eyes.

We miss YOU in Middle Georgia, too. The little house in Gray will ever be Jon & Amanda's house. Just looks a little greyer now that you aren't there.

Love you, may God bless this FIRST Easter for James and Audrey in miraculous ways.

Becky said...

Wow, mannio, wow. Thanks a lot. Really. Captain Bringdown. I have to go wash my hands now.

Aunt Charlotte said...

I love to visit your website. Your entry moved me. WE always think we have come "back home" when we see the Atlanta skyline on our all too infrequent visits to Chris and Melissa. We will have the traditional picture of our little Easter Darlings and a hunt also on Sunday here at Oak Hill--my, my it seems like only yesterday the you and Betsy and Melissa, Emily and Matthew were those cute little buggers running around. Many precious memories flood our souls. This is your "tomorrow" Scarlet O'Hara-----I hope it is not quite so gray!
Your "darling papoosies" are adorable--you are such a wonderful mother.
a second mom from your past . . .