Sunday, March 16, 2008

We're back.......Sorry for the absence lately in blogger world but last Monday I came down with the flu! Monday night Jon came into our room and asked me how I was feeling and I told him I felt like I was dying. So we had a church member to come and keep them Tuesday while I went to the doctor and allowed them to jab my nostrils with q-tips and swirl my sinuses around so that I would cry, cough and sneeze all at the same time! And my reward for letting them do that was these words: "Sorry Ms.Mizell, but you have the flu. Better go home and get some rest" Rest?! I told her I had 5 1/2 month old twins at home and I didn't have time to have the flu and could she please give me a shot or something to make it go away. Unfortunately her answer was no. So I proceeded to Wal-Mart, all the while dragging my feet and hacking like I was going to cough up a lung. I had to wait 2 HOURS to have my very expensive prescriptions filled (yes, we have state insurance but some things are just EXPENSIVE anyway!)





I figured since I had the flu we had better go ahead and call in the cavalry, so Jon got his ma on the phone and she said she'd be there by the next afternoon. A little relief. I only had to get through one more day without any family around to help out. I could make it. The same church member was going to come back but she called at 6:30 that next morning and said she felt horrible and was running a fever. So Jon (poor baby) quickly ran down the list of ladies who stay at home during the day and every one of them either couldn't come or didn't answer. Except for one sweet sister who has been married for 30 something years and her and her husband were never blessed with children. Uh-oh. Yep that's right. She didn't have any experience with babies, let alone twins. We were kinda nervous but we had no option. I couldn't get close enough to breath on them never mind the fact that I felt like a semi had run me down and then backed over me a few more times. So we had to have help. When she got here you could tell she was nervous and I felt so sorry for her. But she did wonderful with them (minus a few mishaps with some diapers!) and we all made it through another day.






SuSu got here around 6 p.m. that evening and she was a welcome site! Bless Jon's heart, I know he was so tired. Staying up with the twins 2 nights in a row and then going to work all day, then coming home and taking care of everything around here and me as well. Not that there is much that you can do for a moaning, groaning, shivering lump under the covers!



The twins did well and didn't catch the flu. But they did run low grade fevers at one point and were real cranky Thursday and restless Thursday night. But they got over whatever it was by Friday and were pretty much back to their old selves. Except for the fact that they missed me. It was horrible watching their little faces look at me with the anticipation that I was going to pick them up and then have to walk away. A few times they started crying once they realized I wasn't gonna pick them up. It was agony.




As you can tell by these pictures (I just took them a few minutes ago) they are doing great. Audrey has a little bit of a runny nose but she feels fine and James just cleaned out his bowels so he is feeling really good!! I have never really seen a resemblance between James and Audrey in the past but I think in the above picture James looks like Audrey. It's in his smile.


I just thought this was funny!



We are so thankful for all the help we got over this past week. Our church family is wonderful and so sweet and loving. But there is nothing like your own family. Especially when you don't feel good! Times like these is what makes it really hard to be so far away from our families. But, life goes on and hopefully we will be seeing some of y'all REAL SOON!








8 comments:

the ladner family said...

i'm so glad everyone is feeling better. i felt so terrible that i couldn't come and help ya'll. i'm glad mom could come though. we can't wait to see you all!

Emily said...

Sorry you've been so sick! But thank goodness you were able to round up some help. The only thing I can think of that would be worse than having th flu would be having the flu AND having sick twins! Glad you are doing better!

Now, is it just me, or do James and Audrey seem to have grown up A LOT during this blog absence??? They are looking more like toddlers and less like babies in these pictures!

Beth said...

Glad you are feeling better! I had the flu a couple of weeks ago! I agree with you, I thought I was dying! Thankfully nobody else at our house got it!

The kiddos are precious and are growing so fast! I can't wait to see them in person!

Have a great week!

Beth

Dianne said...

'Manda,

What a gut sight to visit your page this morning and see you are back! I was beginning to believe you all had been sick and I prayed for you all to be well.

We had a "skeleton" membership at Mt. Zion yesterday. Bro Michael, Dana, Little Allie were all home sick, Sis Becky, Aaron and Adam were home sick. Sis Mary Alice was coming down with something so Bro Virgil stayed home with her.

As is written, wherever two or more are gathered...and we had a wonderful, spirit-filled meeting, singing was heavenly, good lunch and fellowship afterwards.

The babies haven't lost any of their "curb appeal" as a result of Mama not being able to "tend" to them. They are more gorgeous than the hyacinths, purple buds, dogwoods...all the spring glory can't begin to outshine the beauty in their faces and smiles.

In the picture where James is s'posed to be holding Audrey...cute? Just like a male, he's sitting there fiddling with his hands...oblivious to Audrey.

So thankful you are all better just in time to get out in the beautiful landscape that is Springtime in Georgia.

May God bless you all to stay well. We are so thankful the folks in church were able to help some and grateful Jon's Mom was able to drop everything and come to your rescue. I know she was a beautiful sight.

Love you all terrible,

Dianne (_:

Tara said...

I was wondering where you have been? Sorry that you have been so sick, but glad you are feeling much better now! James and Audrey look like they have grown so much, adorable! Hope you all have a great week!

Dana said...

I CANNOT BELIEVE how big they are getting. They honestly look like five month olds! They are so cute I could just eat their cheeks off! I am thankful that you are feeling better and that you had some much needed help. Love you and talk to you soon,
Dana

Kelly Spezzano said...

I am sorry to hear you have been sick! That flu is the worst! I hope that things are able to start getting back to normal for you!

Becky said...

So glad you're better. Ole Daddy has the flu, and boy, oh boy....well, let's just say Ole Daddy has the flu.

Love the new pictures. Tell James the wardrobe change was not lost on me.

Kiss 'em for me.