Wednesday, November 28, 2007

How cute is my son? I know, he looks like he is smiling but really that is a face from the flash that was to bright for him. But we can pretend that he already is a ham like his cousin Harrison was at such an early age!!!! His head is growing with such enormous speed he has out grown all but 1 of his hats so I had to buy some new ones and couldn't pass on the pooh! The large head may worry some of you but it is just a trait he inherited from the Mizell's!! Sorry ya'll, couldn't help myself. If he turns out to have large ears like the Bryant's I will allow a crack at that!



Below you will see my dear darling husband fashioning a tree stand. We went to buy the tree yesterday which literally went like this: We pull up into the yard, Jon says "which one, that one or that one?" to which I replied "that one" and he said "done" got out, paid for the tree, helped the man tie it to the top of the minivan and away we went. Jon had to go back to school so me and the kids sat in the van for about an hour (long enough for them to eat) with the tree on top of the van and all the kids pointing and staring as they walked passed us. Then we came back to the house, forgot the tree was on top of the van and tried to pull under the carport. Didn't get very far before we were reminded! He got the tree off, had to cut the tree again and let it soak in a bucket. Then we remembered that in all our haste of throwing things away so we wouldn't have to pack them when we moved from Gray, we had thrown away the tree stand. Since we are a GOOD 25 minute drive from anywhere that would sell a tree stand, we decided to wait. Today after school, Jon would rather be here than in town so he decided to come home and build a stand. Which in my opinion is genious and a really good stand but can't ya'll hear the banjo's in the back ground?! When in the sticks do as the hicks!


This is what James and Audrey thought of their first Christmas Tree! Isn't it sweet how excited they are! Ah, I am sure next year or probably the next year or maybe even the next year they will be dancing around so excited that the tree is in the house, finally!

Ya'll should know that the tree is still bare naked standing in our living room and will probably stay that way untill friday. But it has atleast made the house smell delicious! That is James getting a bath. They really love their baths . Audrey loves hers so much that she fell asleep the other night during hers! ATLAST we have DSL. I can't believe how much faster this whole process is! Getting on the internet is actually fun, something I will look forward to now. So ya'll can expect alot more pictures in the future. We even have unlimited long distance which is something we have wanted ever since we've been married. Some things are just worth paying for!











7 comments:

the ladner family said...

Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are so utterly adorable. I can't believe how beutiful they are. They are truly gifts from God.
My brother is a chip off the ol' block, thinking like a Mizell and improvising with the treestand. I am literally about to perish to see them. But again i know they need to get bigger before they can meet their cousins!!!

Nenie said...

Jon, you are the man! Love your tree stand.
Oh, those pictures are adorable, and the babies just get prettier. Thank you and we all are proud of DSL --keep the pictures coming.

Becky said...

That is the cutest, sweetest story I've read in a long time. Your babies get prettier all the time. So glad you have DSL> That leaves me the last one in dial-up land. I'm even having to get NENIE of all people to post this for me. However, as I dictate this to her over the phone it occurs to me that my dial-up might have been faster after all.By the way, could Jon be any mor like his father. Very clever tree stand, indeed.Love you all.

Dana said...

Amanda,
Thank you for the pictures! The Pooh hat, too darn cute! They are just precious! Hope to talk to you really soon.
Love,
Dana

Emily said...

Um, I don't want to alarm you, but I think James might be part chipmunk . . . or maybe it is just those chubby cheeks! Love it, love it, love it! (And welcome to high speed, but just to warn you - you can NEVER go back!)

Dianne said...

YAYYYYYY! DSL! Big city stuff! And, you were saying something about sticks and hicks? lol Glad you've got a quicker means to this end. I enjoy what you do.

Charles said to tell Jon to QUICKLY contact a patent office. This tree stand is UPtown! Creative. Never seen it done just like that. In the olden days, we filled a bucket with sand and stuck the trunk down in it and propped it near a wall so it wouldn't tip. GUT job!

Babies continue to be gorgeous little peeps. Imagine being able to retain that softness and pinkness!

We love you all and admire, appreciate, and respect the efforts you all put into this sweet home life.

May God ever bless & keep all,

Dianne (-:

su said...

I guess these other ladies, (hey, how come men never post?) have said it all. How proud am I? Just as proud as a PEACOCK. My son and his ingenious treestand are only upstaged by his children!!!!!!!!I love them so much!!! Thank you, Amanda, for sharing your lives with us. You're the BEST and LOVLIEST daughter in law anyone could have.