Saturday, June 22, 2013

Two Years

Olivia Ray,

Sweet girl. I say it continuously but it’s true: YOU have brought SO MUCH joy to our lives and we cannot imagine our life with out you. You are spunky, sweet, feisty, a little stubborn, compassionate, funny, full of life, snuggly.....there are so many more words that could describe your sweet little self.

You enjoy every thing that you do. You are always up for a good time. You are not afraid to let any one know how you feel about something. Which is good but can also be bad sometimes. :) You are not shy but you usually don’t want any body but me to hold you or do things for you. Sometimes that can be exhausting but I know within this next year sometime you will start to grow out of that and I will miss it. You love Audrey to pieces and always turn to her for help and ask for her when you get hurt or are going to bed. You love James too, just in a different way. Kinda like how you feel about your daddy right now :). You and James are a lot alike which explains why you mutt heads often. But you have started to ask for him when you go to bed and just with in the last few weeks I’ve seen you be very compassionate towards him and seek him out to hug him or hold his hand now. Talk about melting a mama’s heart!!

You and your daddy have a comical relationship, to say the least. Most of the time you act like you don’t want a thing in the world to do with him. You run from him and say “No!! MY mommy. Or MY baby.” And then turn around and ask for a kiss when he goes to walk out the door. It drives him crazy most of the time but I know you will grow out of it. Your sister sure did!!

You know all the words to the 1st verse of Amazing Grace and most of the words to the last verse. You love Rock a Bye Baby and ask every night for me to “rock baby tree top” LOL!!!!! You love Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and know most of the words to that too. You can count to 10 which blew us away when we first heard you do it. Just out of the blue one day you counted to 10 and we were like “What?!?!”

When you try to get someone’s attention and they wont look at you, you will put your hand on their chin and pull their face towards you. To get them to look at you. It’s probably my most favorite thing that you do right now. You also have started saying “I wuv it” when you want something. “Pwease!!! I wuv it mommy.”

We have enjoyed this past year with you so much. It’s been a blast to see and hear all the new things you pick up on a daily basis from your siblings. It’s hard to believe that you are already two years old. Seem like just yesterday that I heard you cry and I saw your sweet, chubby little face for the first time. I look at James and Audrey and then at you and have to blink back the tears sometimes. Most days it’s hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that they used to be little like you and that in a few short moments you will be as big as they are now. SIGH.



I’ll love you forever,
I’ll like you for always,
as long as I’m living
my baby you’ll be.
All my love,
Mama

















2 comments:

Becky said...

a true RAY of sunshine...lovely post

Sam and Nelda said...

Sweet sweet Livey Ray is loved so much! What a great two year sumerazation!