Thursday, February 28, 2013

A Bubble Bath Gone Wrong

I don’t remember things like I used to *GASP* You cannot ever tell my husband that I admitted to that. Ever. My life would NEVER be the same if he knew I’d said that. We have constant “arguments” over the fact that I don’t remember things like I once did. I’m not sure that I 100% agree with him on that but  they say you loose brian cells while pregnant and I’ve carried 3 babies in the belly so I’m thinking that’s where my memory went.

Moving right along. After the kids were done playing in the back yard in all the mud and water they of course needed a bath. Well they needed a shower first to wash off all the grass and dirt. And me being in the generous mood that I was in let them:

1. Take a bath together. Which is something we rarely let them do any more because, well, they are getting older. No further explanation needed.

2. Take a bath in our garden tub. Which again is something they get to do like once a year because it takes so much water to fill it up AND they always loose their minds in there and splash all the water out creating a gigantic mess for yours truly to clean up.

3. Take a bubble bath. I just never remember to offer that because bath time around our house has never been a leisurely past time. Ever. It’s always been soap up, wash off, get out. And hurry up.

Well somewhere during all that generosity my memory got a little fuzzy and when James asked me “what does this button do?” I pushed it. And they giggled and it made me smile that I was granting my loves some more joy. I walked out of the bathroom to go do something and after a few minutes I went back to tell them it was time to start getting out and this is what I found:







Audrey insists that this happened once before but I caught it before it got so big. I insisted that that was just not true. But as I thought about it for the next few minutes, I faintly remembered knowing this small but important detail about garden tubs: The jets make the bubbles expand. My memory is still fuzzy on exactly how I know this but my 5 year old daughter was right, i did know this would happen. I just didn’t remember.

4 comments:

Dani said...

I LOVE these pictures. You definitely get Mom of the year award - puddle jumping and monstrous bubble bath all in one day.

Becky said...

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!! And their faces are priceless.

Sam and Nelda said...

These pics are GREAT! I totally agree about the "Mom of the Year" award... U da best~

lydia said...

What a fun day! Love the pictures!