Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Messies Anonymous and The Cat in the Hat

A couple years ago when the twins were oh say 2 maybe 2 1/2 years old I came across this book called
The Messies Manual and it completely changed my life. I wont go into all the details here, you can research it on your own if you are really interested. I will say that for about a year my house work load went from daunting to easy breezy and it left me with so much time to actually play with my children, do things I wanted to do at nap time (most days) and just feel good about myself and the work that I do around here. Back then when I read the book I wasn’t a true “messy” (read the book or the web site even). 

Fast forward a few more years, add another child to the mix and a year at home with said ‘nother child and trying to “homeschool” my two oldest and well I became a true Messy and all my knowledge and tactics went right out the window. It’s sad but it’s true. Well, after Christmas this year I said enough is enough and dusted my Manual off, cracked it open once again, read late into the night one night and got to work the next day. That was 2 months ago and it took hard work and dedication but I reached my goal and completely Mt. Vernonized our home, yet again. And my plan is to not ever have to do it again as extensively as I did this last time. 

I went from this all the time for the last year and a half


To this. This is better :)


I told Jon the other night while we were out on the first date we have been on since our anniversary back in September, that I just now feel like I am recovering from Olivia being born into the family. And it’s an amazing feeling, I must say! I know that time and Olivia's age contribute to that greatly but at least half of the credit goes to Sandra Felton, the Organizer Lady and her Flipper System. Bet you are curious now, aren’t you?

I greatly encourage you to check her and her methods out. They work!!!

I said all that to say this, : I have really been enjoying the last few weeks here at home with Olivia. Not to say that I wasn't enjoying my life before but you get what I mean. At least I hope you do! I am on top of the laundry and the house work and actually have the option of sitting on the couch and doing nothing while Olivia naps a couple days a week if I choose. I don’t though. I usually blog or study up on photography (that will be for a later post). And I feel like I have a much better grasp on life and I am very thankful for that.


And here is a completely random picture of James and Audrey and their class mates, the Cat in The Hat and Mrs. Teresa our story time reader at Whigham School on Dr. Seuss’s birthday. They are a cute bunch of kiddos, aren’t they?!




1 comment:

His Mercy Endureth Forever said...

OMG Amanda, I thought you were reading my mind as I sat here and read this post. I can't tell you how many times I've said to the hubs I feel like I'm just treading water and not getting anywhere when it comes to keeping up with the chores. I'm putting this on my reading list ASAP! I just hope I can be dedicated enough to implement it! Thanks for sharing!!!