Monday, February 25, 2013

Rainy days in Georgia

It has been raining here in our little town since Friday. Pretty soon we are all gonna need boats to get around in. Okay, maybe not really. But it sure feels like it. It will take at least 2 weeks to dry out though. If it ever stops raining that is. 

On Friday I let Olivia go out and play in the rain. While I was getting her ready to go out, I had a sudden twinge of pain in my gut because I remembered all the times James and Audrey would go out and play in the rain when they were little and not in school. And I’ll admit it was the first time that I really was sad, really sad, that they were not at home with me. Don’t judge. It’s hard raising twin babies thousands of miles away from any of your family and I needed a break and I have been enjoying my break!!! 




The school year is beginning to drag and I will be/already sorta am looking forward to the end of said school year so we can all be together all the time for a couple months. It will be nice!! James and Audrey are growing and changing so fast, even faster than when they were at home all day it seems like. And I am looking forward to some serious quality time with them. **Remind me of this post about two weeks into the Summer, please!!

Moving on. Olivia wanted me to go out in the rain with her and I was trying my best to get some pics of her like I have of the twins at this age playing in the rain. But it’s hard to do that when you don’t own an umbrella. Yeah, I’ve discovered in the last few days that for whatever reason we don’t own an umbrella and I don’t own a raincoat. And Olivia doesn’t have rain boots or a rain coat. Nice time to figure that out. Again, she wouldn’t venture to far with out me so I eventually just had to be a good mom and put the camera down and go play with her.





2 comments:

lydia said...

I love pictures of little ones playing in the rain! Makes me want to get out an play...oh wait, that would require some rain!

Becky said...

I've said it a thousand times, but I'll say it again...what a sweet, wonderful mother you are! Love me some Liv pics.