Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Life is Good
This is now how Audrey enjoys napping or what she does when she gets upset and starts crying. She started doing this shortly before we left for New Orleans and I just think it is the cutest thing. In the picture above, Jon put her laying vertical and she cried her self into the horizontal position and had her hands behind her head and her feet all curled up and by the time she fell asleep.
I'm not sure why she started this but it must be comforting to her! They got these matching jackets and hats at one of their baby shower's and are just now able to fit in them. Good thing the weather can't make up it's mind around here (should I let people enjoy the beautiful outdoors or keep them cooped up inside for a while longer) since the outfits are cold weather apparel; at least they will get to wear them a few times.


My baby boy rolled over Monday! He has been trying for some time now and he finally got that big ole head to roll with the rest of his body! He was quite proud of himself and actually enjoyed playing on his tummy for a while.
Both James and Audrey have really started to change over the last few weeks. Easter Sunday they both grabbed a toy for the first time and are now touching and grabbing everything they can get their little hands on! They both LOVE to play with their blankets, especially if it has a design on it. They both really love to look at books. Our county has a free program where you can get 1 (in my case 2) book sent to your house every month. They are really nice hard back books and most of them are classic children's stories. Audrey is trying her best to sit up. I just know one day I will walk into her room and find her sitting up in her crib. She can keep her balance pretty good while sitting in your lap and she's not so much my little bobble head any more. Where has the time gone?







8 comments:

the ladner family said...

those hats are too much! i wonder if they were from pawpaw! how do u get the free books? i think i heard about that but i didn't know how to get them. They are growing so fast!

Emily said...

With her hands behind her head like that, I think Miss Audrey is working on her I'm-a-princess-now-feed-me-my-grapes-and-fan-me-please look. ;)

They are both so precious!

Amanda said...

Auntie Em, the hats look like pawpaw huh?! But they are from Mary Jo. about the books, there is a form you just fill out and I believe you get them at the board of education or maybe even the library. A member of our church gave me my forms and I believe she went to the board of edu :)

Becky said...

Oh, that's so not fair that she gets to be Auntie Em. Where's my cute nickname? I'll just settle for being the favorite, I guess. I adore these new pictures!

su said...

I've been meaning to tell you that I had a dream last week that I was with Audrey and she just abruptly sat up straight. That was all there was to it. I love the way she cushions her head with her hands. I agree with Emily in Brazil. She's very Cleopatra-like. I'm so very very proud of James. Tell him that for me. It's thrilling to see their little motor skills developing, and it's true, Amanda, where has all that time gone. Carp Diem ! (Apologies to the spelling scholars, but you get the idea!

the ladner family said...

hey i can't find the form for those books! if u have time can u ask that lady where she got it? no big rush( i would've called but i think its too late and i don't want to chance it!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it freaks me out how much Audrey looks like Hannah. That first one looks JUST like Hannah did when she was a baby - you remember how she used to put her hands on top of her head when she was sleeping? I think it's the lips that make them look so much alike...

Kelly Spezzano said...

This is just too precious! I like what emily said- practicing for being a princess! LOL