Thursday, April 10, 2008

Certifiably Nuts!!!

Okay, they tell you that you loose brain cells during pregnancy but I was under the assumption that they would return after the baby (babies) were out. That is not the case and I believe that having two babies in your belly for 7 months makes you loose twice as many and the never ending lack of sleep and overwhelming exhaustion causes you to continue to loose brain cells. Seriously folks, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever be the same again.

Yesterday morning I loaded up the kiddies and took off to my moms to spend the day and night. (She had a 1/2 birthday party for them which was fun and I'll post pictures of that later on.) That's right, I drove 3 1/2 hours to my moms all by myself only 3 days after we returned from a week long trip to The Big Easy. Who knows where my right mind was when I made these plans. It was definitely NOT lacking 4 days worth of a decent nights rest. From Saturday to the present moment I do believe I have had only about 12-15 hours of sleep. Period.

Oh but the madness does not end there. This morning I got up and drove to Macon to be with my daddy and Nelda and aunts and uncles and go to church tonight. I almost backed out. I almost drove home this morning but Daddy said they would stay with the twins tonight so I could SLEEP and then drive home in the morning better rested. Yeah, I will let you know how that one turns out!

James and Audrey have been sleeping HORRIBLY. If it's not one waking up or crying or groaning or screeching, it's the other! I told Daddy this morning "I am tired, I am weak, and I am worn". And he replied with "at least you're not poor, weak and worthless. Oh wait, yes you are"!!! I do wish I had thought this thing out a little better like perhaps coming up next week but.............it is wondeful to be "home" and with family. Not all of my extended family has seen the twins so their excited!!

I talked to Dana a little while ago and she told me I was a lot braver than her for driving all that way by myself. I told her "No I am not. I'm just dumber."

9 comments:

Dianne said...

Okay, 'Manda,

With your equasion as losing brain cells with a pregnancy X two in your case...look at mine...X FOUR and add a few "score" years, sprinkle in menopause (it ain't a "pause"; it's meno-permanent) and, Child, I can tell you it gets WORSE.

I could be called "certifiably" insane.

At least your "lapse" made perfect sense to me. You wanted to see your Mama and Daddy. That shows GUT sense!

Even tho' it seems you'll NEVAH make up for lost sleep, you will. As thy day, so will thy strength be.

I love you and do appreciate your "verve" to load up and go.

May God give you a WONDERFUL nights REM!

Dianne (-:

Tara said...

Yep, dont count on those brain cells coming back anytime soon, it has been almost 2 years and I haven't seen mine yet! But you are steppin out girl, traveling by yourself!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tara Bethany is almost 15 and the brain cell are not back yet. Still waiting. Oh yeah about that sleep thing, still waiting on that too! Good Luck

Kathy U

Emily said...

Hey Nutty Woman! ;)

If I didn't post anything while you are out of town (as you suggested to me), I would never post! What with you galavantin' around a 4 state area with those babies and what not! lol

Anyhoo, glad you're having fun and I admire you for getting out there and doing what you want to do even with 6 month old twins! Good for you!

I haven't received anything yet, but I've been told it takes 2-4 weeks for packages. I'll be on the lookout now though!

Love y'all!

Nenie said...

WOW, Mannio! What fine and precious company you have on your tour around the country! When will you all be arriving in Mississippi? Just load 'em up, head 'em out, holler "ALL ABOARD!" AND COME ON DOWN!

Love Nenie.

Amanda said...

Hey Nenie, can I please wait a little while before heading out to Mississippi? I mean, if you REALLY WANT us to come I can certainly load em' up and head on out but we need a vaction from our vacations! HAHA!! Maybe during the good ol' summertime.........hey, macclenny is not that far away.........

su said...

Take it from a middle-aged empty nester....complete night's sleep is nice, but overrated. I'd go back in a minute and miss sleep again if I could hold my babies in my arms again and rock them to sleep. Those were some of the happiest years of our lives. I think, Dearest Amanda, that those brain cells are going to return, and so will all night sleep. It won't be long now...

Beth said...

Amanda,

Bless you heart. You were very brave. I took a 4 month old, and a 3 year old on a 2 and 1/2 trip and that was enough for me! They did pretty good, I only had to stop like 12 times, to put a pappy back in Beccas mouth.

Oh well, I totally hear ya! Hope you get rested up, it is tough to be gone so much. But then in a few days I usually get cabin fever again!

Take Care, I would love to see James and Audrey! They are just too cute!

Kelly Spezzano said...

While I am in the beginning stages of mommy mind, I have it on good authority from my sisters that the more brain cells you lose, the smarter your children turn out! So that's a plus! LOL