Monday, January 16, 2012

It’s a "Holiday"

Jon had a preaching appointment in the Birmingham area yesterday so James and Audrey went with him to get in some time with my daddy and step mom and will be staying over for a few days! It was just Olivia and I here at the homestead for Saturday and Sunday and I must be honest and say that it was the best weekend I had had in a long time. I did some straightening after they left on Saturday and did absolutely nothing yesterday but go to church and then come home and camp out on the couch watching HGTV and Pinteresting. Oh and I played with Olivia. A lot! While I will miss Thing 1 and Thing 2 for the next 3 days, I have a great vision for how I will spend my 3 days virtually child free because lets face it, after you go from 3 kids to 1 kid in the house, you barely know the 1 kid is there!
Here is a peek at 2 things I plan to accomplish:

Cleaning out the vent in J and A’s room...


And cleaning windows, especially the one in the kitchen. Please do not let the beautiful blue rocking bench distract you from the tiny white thing directly above the bench on the window in the picture. Give you 3 guesses as to what that actually is...




So here’s what I plan on looking like for the next 3 days




And this. Although, I doubt I will look this cute!!


2 comments:

Becky said...

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy cleaning!

Emily said...

Eric thinks I'm kidding when I tell him the best gift he could give me would be to take the children and go away for a few days so I could get caught up around here...but I am SO SERIOUS.

I completely understand your excitement!!! :)