Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Land of My Nativity

I love coming home. Even though it makes me a tiny bit sad but only because I know I will be leaving it again in a few days. I am thankful however for the time we do have here and that gives way to any sadness. Words cannot express how excited I am thinking about tomorrow. I can hear that fried turkey and all the rest of the fixins my Aunt Janice and other family members will fix, calling my name. I can also feel that comfortable mattress calling my name when whatever it is that is in turkey to make you sleepy settles into my blood stream. I better take a nap this year for sure. Me, my sister and one of her good friends (she’s mine too....I haven’t had to buy any clothes for Audrey this fall/winter thanks to Mandy!!) are going black friday shopping. But we’re taking it up a notch this year and starting at 10 p.m. Thanksgiving night and taking the old saying “Shop till ya drop” to heart!! May you all have a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That picture is the sweetest ever!!!!!! I'm so jealous that you'll be bf shopping without me. I'll buy a small appliance in your honor. Love and miss

Sam and Nelda said...

Sweet post... Can't wait to hear the next!

Precious cousin picture. They're so cute together.