Friday, September 3, 2010

Snip snip

Some of you may remember way back when when I cut James and Audrey's hair for the first time. I was totally proud of the job I had done and thought I'd keep cutting their hair myself, ya know, to save a few pennies! Well that dream quickly went don the drain when I almost cut James' finger off one day. Never again, I said. I don't care how much I have to pay, it is worth it to have properly groomed children and ones that have all 10 fingers!

Because Jamesy boy is such the ladies man I knew he would do well for my hairdresser and he didn't disappoint. From the very first time I took him in (which was months ago, I just never remembered to bring my camera till now) he sits still for her and gives this sheepish little grin every time Ms. T talks to him!


Audrey averaged getting her hair trimmed about every other time I took James in. Well today she was past due for more than a trim. In my opinion. It was two different lengths and starting to look stringy so......

before



after


Although it is short, I think it's adorable! It's all one length now and looks much healthier! And the reason there are no pics of her in the chair is because she flipped out when it was her turn to climb in the chair. And I mean all out panic attack. I'm not sure why because she has never done that before but whatever the reason, I finally got her calmed down enough to at least sit in my lap and lay as close to my chest as she could and let Ms. T cut it. As soon as T was done, Audrey sat up perfectly straight and started talking to us like nothing in the world had just happened. Almost 3 year olds are bipolar. Honestly!


4 comments:

Becky said...

I AM FLIPPING OUT OVER THAT HAIR! She looks ADORABLE! We MUST Skype later. I want them to tell me all about it. I'm sure Audrey will tell me all about what Bubba did....

su said...

Loved both these posts- we're all along for the ride, thanks to you, Amanda! I have a Papa story to tell you when I was a little girl and tried to plant a peanut!

Kelly Spezzano said...

I love Ms. Audrey's haircut. She looks grown up and yet still so cute! And James is quite the handsome guy too!

LOL @ "bipolar almost 3 yr olds"

Dianne said...

Audrey's clip is SOOOOO lovely. And, of course, with just the pictures of their adventures WITHOUT your commentary, the magic would be gone. Loved it. Again. And, again. And, again.