Friday, February 26, 2016

Mispronunciations

“Mama why do those Nums call Maria names?"

"I like Weisel the best out of all the children"

“I do not like to eat the chicken breaths!! I like to eat the legs!!!"

“I really like these chaladas, Mama!”







These are four words she’s gotten wrong in the last week and they make me smile each time she says them. Nums and Wiesel get repeated a lot since she is still thinking about and singing songs from The Sound of Music. I cannot bring myself to correct her. I’ve never been able to do it, not with any of my children. There is something so completely innocent about listening to children get words wrong. 

3 comments:

Dani said...

Yep. there are only two words Britt consistently gets wrong these days, sometimes he says Yahtzee instead of Nazi when he's talking about Indiana Jones, and he still says cacorn instead of popcorn. I can't correct him either. There's something really sweet about how they mispronounce things.

Becky said...

I hope she ALWAYS calls them nums, and I may actually start saying breaths myself. Sounds so much more polite:)
(again, these pictures...)

Nelda said...

makes her stay the baby.... just a wee bit longer too! Good catch and point!