Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Early morning drama



I wake the kids up at 6:30 every morning. That gives them plenty of time to get dressed, brush teeth, eat breakfast and forget a few things :) Well, Olivia came down stars this morning at 6:30 and asked if she could wake up James and Audrey. I’m thinking that was not the best idea, even if I went up about 2 minutes after her. Within that time frame, Olivia some how managed to stuff 3 of Audrey’s Lego’s into the holes on James’ Lego table which sent my at-times-overly-dramatic-7 year old-daughter into a a sobbing-door-slamming-almost-fit. Which made Olivia drop her shoulders, hang her head and say “I told her I was so sorry Mama. She makes my feelings go away” and then she sulks off down the hallway wailing while Audrey is sobbing and getting dressed in her closet with the door closed. During all this mayhem, James ran into his bed and “hurt” his shoulder which landed him in a ball on the floor sobbing. I guess since his sisters were crying James felt like he was getting left out and needed to join in. I kid, I kid :) All this happened in less than 5 minutes and I was left standing in James’ room very bewildered and trying not to laugh at the breakdown of huge proportions happened so quickly. Life is fun around here and as some comedian that we like to watch said one time “People with ONE kid just don’t count!"

1 comment:

Becky said...

she makes my feelings go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best line ever...oh, how I adore these 3