Friday, February 19, 2010

Two handed situation

I am wondering if it's a good thing or a bad thing when I walk into a room to find my little ones playing with something that could be potentially hazardous to their well being and before I even started on my tantrum of "You could poke your eye out" or "If you swallowed that it would put tiny holes in your esophagus and maybe even your stomach," my darling angel of a daughter starts grabbing her hind leg and says "I want to go in time out mommy" and hops up in a chair.On the one hand, it's rather endearing that she knew if she was caught playing with something she should not be playing with, she would get in trouble. At least she is aware of bad behavior, right? But on the other hand, I think it's awfully telling of what our future holds that she "chose" time out rather than the alternative. I wonder if she will continue to do "naughty" things with the mind set of "Well, I can always opt out of the painful punishment."
Perhaps it's time to re-asses our present forms of discipline. Perhaps not. Either way, she's an awfully cute little rascal, don't ya think?!!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Personally, I am of the VERY STRONG opinion that the current method seems to be working extremely well so far. THEREFORE, status quo reigns.

I'm still trying to recover from the haircut/storytime stories I heard from Nenie this morning. Pictures like this might just throw me over the edge. But, thanks for keeping me sane on an otherwise INSANE day.

Sydney Sanders said...

Ditto, Becky. And I'm lovin' the two front teeth gap Audge is rockin'...too cute!

the ladner family said...

i wonder what she did...?

Sam and Nelda said...

Darlin lil' boy! Hang on Mom, I was in GA last wknd and it was 70 degrees and beautiful! Where were you?

Wishin I could hear bout the "haircut/storytime stories"...???