Friday, December 5, 2014

Survival Week

Well hello there. Happy Thanksgiving and a Merry Christmas to ya!! We got back from our 9 day stint in the Big Easy and I got the bronchitis. Aint NO body got time fer dat! Especially this time of year!! Doesn’t my body know that little piece of vital info? Apparently not. Today, even though my energy is sacked from last night’s parade, my chest feels like there is hope on the horizon.

As my title to this much anticipated blog post states, this week has been that of survival. Get up, get the hubs and kids off to school (which leaves me feeling like I ran a 5k by the time they are out of the door) and then fall into bed and sleep until they all come home 8 hours later. NOT. I WISH. I did stay in the bed a lot on Monday and Tuesday snuggling (while hacking) with my feisty lil’ ray of sunshine only to get up and do the essentials: wash clothes, pour ingredients into the crock pot for supper and pick and deliver kids when I had to. I know I’m not sick enough to complain and def not as sick as I could be or as other people are today but just this little set back really has be thanking the Lord for my general over all good health!!

I’m really looking forward to this weekend. If we’d had any thing planned for it, I’ll be honest and say that I probably would of canceled it. I’m really hoping that nobody else comes down with any thing but I’ve resolved myself to the fact that they probably will and that will be ok. Right? Right. We are spending Christmas here at our house this year and there are not enough words in the English language to express how excited we all are!! It’s been since I was expecting Olivia that we’ve spent a Christmas here, so 4 years ago. Since we don’t have to haul any thing 500 miles, we may have gone a little overboard this year. But that’s ok too, right? RIGHT!!!!

James rode in the Christmas parade last night as King of Whigham. He looked so dang cute up there!!! Audrey was asked to ride on the school’s float dressed as occupation of her choice and she chose a teacher! Im so very very glad that it was not cold last night, it was a balmy 69 degrees as we rode through the streets of Cairo. Jon rode in the Polaris with James and I was going to as well but they asked me to ride on the float and help hold a reindeer that kept falling over. Olivia rode in my lap and as we rode under the lights downtown she looked up at me and said “Mama is this our town?” Made me get all teary eyed!! We live in such an amazing little town and I am so thankful that my children are being given the opportunity to know small town life and appreciate it and feel and know that they are a part of it.

I set the bar to high for myself most of the time and end up in failure most of the time so I will sign off for now and hope to post again soon about our trip :)

Disclaimer: King James was hyped up to get to his car but when he got there his mood immediately changed. After some “prodding” I discovered that he realized he was not going to get to catch any candy. #childhoodprobs










2 comments:

Becky said...

Y'all are the cutest little family ever. Ever.
Thanks for this long-awaited post.
Def needed the pick-me-up this morning.

Sam and Nelda said...

upon peeking to see if there was a new blog, I noticed that my comment was not showing! Just won't work from my phone...
~ lemme just say how much I LOVE these pics!... The king, The teacher, and the cross armed mini manda pic is my fav~